Google offers its users to access Gmail by using a third-party app. Which sync through secure protocols IMAP or POP.
In May 2013, Google updates the inbox with the categorized tabbed display. there are five tabs Primary, Social, promotion, updates, and forums as usual but the user can customize the tab and category. it helps the users if in case someone not comfortable with this. they can disable the tab view and return to its old inbox view.
Google applies the best AI(Artificial intelligence) which can automatically filter and scan the mail and protect the user by harmful or irrelevant emails. google apply a special filter like spam and malware filters.
Google also places the search be on the top page, you can search contacts, files in google drive, google calendar, events and google sites, it is also provided with auto-complete prediction features. but now it offers 15 GB of storage.google Allows users to send emails by Gmail up to 25 MB (megabytes), and receive email up to 50 MB. You want to share a larger file by Gmail, you can use Google Drive to share it.
Inbox by Gmail.
Google introduced Inbox by Gmail in October 2014 it’s completely different from the google inbox, it has groups that automatically sort the email of the same topic together and understand that by highlighted key, it has reminders, assists, and snooze that help user to handle email properly.
- On April 1, 2004, it offers only one GB(gigabyte) storage space for a user which is greater then Hotmail at that time.
- the first anniversary April 1, 2005, it doubled up the storage to two GB.
- April 24, 2012, google launch Google Drive and extend the storage to 7.5 to 10 GB.
- May 13, 2013, google extend the storage to 15 GB. users can use space with Google Photos, Google Drive, and Gmail.
- Now Google offers to buy more space. Users can purchase it by google according to their needs.
It Uses Https protocol Which is secure SSL. it does not allow the executable file to send via mail and Gmail antivirus scanners always scan the file before delivery.
it has an awesome detection engine which helps the user to protect their pc from unwanted malware.
Two-step verification is a useful additional feature that is used by 70-90% of users to secure their accounts from unusual login.
To enable two-step verification, you have to enter your mobile number and enable 2 step verification. Google send verification code like “G-23264” you and ask it on the web before login. when your code sends on your mobile number then you can access your google account. it’s a secure way to log in.
lockdowns for 24-hour.
Google adds security layer if google detects the activity which is known as “abnormal activity” in google list it lockdown your account for 24 hours. after 24 hours you have to change your password and secure your account.
Gmail has a very Responsive UI(User Interface) that can fit with a web browser on any type of screen, it can use offline in google chrome, which can download from the chrome web store.
Gmail has its mobile application provided by Google for all devices it is available on App Store and Play store both. google update the dark mode of the mobile application. Google introduced the “Smart Reply” feature for both IOS and android users.
Gmail Login – Gmail Sign in
Gmail login is beneficial for all users. After Gmail login User can use all the Google services, which are allowed in google account. so it is essential to log in to Gmail first.
Do you already have a Gmail account? Follow the below instructions and Gmail Login.
- Visit Gmail.com from your web browser, here you find a text field, enter your email or phone number which is already registered on Gmail. (if you forget your email you can click on “find your email” it ask your recovery email or number).
- Click on the Next button, it navigates you on password page, here! you have to enter your password and click next. (if you do not remember your password so click on “Forgot Password” and follow the screen).
- After Gmail login. It navigates you to your inbox now you can use all features of Gmail here.
Create Gmail Account – Gmail Signup
You do not already have a Gmail account? you want to Gmail signup. just follow the below steps.
- Visit Gmail.com from your web browser and locate and click on “Create an account” placed on the top right side on the page.
- It navigates you to “Create your Google Account“, Provide First Name and Last name (it’s not your username). now enter your new email which you want to create, and wait few seconds, let’s check if your provided email already exists. below the email field, some suggested email will be displayed if your entered email already took.it’s the best option to select from suggestion.
- Now Enter your new password which must contain “8 or more characters with a mix of letters, numbers & symbols”. Avoid the use of the same password which is already used on another website (recommended). Click on Next to navigate the next setup.
- If Gmail requires a phone must enter it if possible. it provides great security to your account. now enter your phone number, if you already have a recovery email you can add that too. below that, you have to provide your date of birth. then select your gender, you can select custom gender and can enter your intrust and click next.
- Here you have to read google Privacy, Terms and be agree with them, now click on I agree and go ahead.
- It navigates to “Inbox” and shows “Welcome” Popup on the page, click next on pop and select your email view among Default, comfortable and compact and click “OK”.
- Now you have successfully created your Email and now you are in your inbox, here you see the first email from “Google Community Team”.
- How to Gmail login?
Visit gmail.com, Enter your Email and password and click on login .
- Why does Google ask enough info to create an account?
Google needs Name, Username, Password, Birthday, Gender, Phone number and Current email address to create Gmail account.
This information helps keep your account secure and makes google services more useful.
- How to remove or add tabs categories in Gmail?
- Login to Gmail click on settings placed on the top right of the page.
- Click inbox tab in the “Inbox type” section and choose default.
- You can add or remove the category tab in the “category” section according to your needs.
- Now click the “Save Changes” button to save the settings.
- How to secure your Gmail account?
- To secure your Gmail account change your password and use a secure alphanumeric and symbolic password,
- Turn on the Two-step verification to protect unusual login.
- Create your security questions and their answers which only known to you.
- The email I want is already taken?
- You can not get the email address that is already in use by another user.
- Gmail prevents you to use very similar email which already exists.
- User can not create the same email which is deleted in the past or reserved by google to prevent spam or abuse.
- Can I use Gmail for my business?
Yes, you can use Gmail for your business, if you want better service for your business you should use G Suite. google offer G Suite subscriptions start from 6$ per-month only which include.
- Google provides account on your domain name and its completely ad-free.
- You can manage your files, accounts and emails, by ownership of employee accounts.
- Access of mobile devices you can wipe your important data remotely in case of theft.
- It offers you 24/7 live chat support.
- You got higher storage space in both email and Google Drive.
- Some additional features of security and administrator account.
- what is a Gmail account?
Gmail is a google account that provides you an email address and its suffix is @gmail.com. it arrived in 2004. by the Gmail account, you can exchange emails.
- Can I have multiple Gmail accounts?
Yes, Google allows its users to have multiple Gmail account according to their needs.
- How can I access my Gmail account?
You need your email and password to access your Gmail account, just visit gmail.com and login with your email and password to access your Gmail account.
- Is there Any device compatibility issue for Gmail login?
No, there is no issue of device compatibility for Gmail login, You need to have an active Gmail account. you can log in Gmail by any device like laptop, PC, android, IOS, etc